Getting Ranked in 2019: Video and SEO
Sign up to our newsletterSign up now
Like every other industry, any recruitment company worth its salt will be focused on increasing their online visibility. There are several ways you can do this, but SEO is without a doubt your bread and butter when it comes to getting more eyes on your page and on your content.
When candidates are job hunting on Google, you want your roles and your agency to pop up. How do you do that? By making sure that your ranking at the top of Search Engine Results Pages(SERPs). SEO science is evolving every day, but one sure fire way to start climbing the search engine ladder is to optimise your content with video.
Why SEO and Video Go Hand in Hand
Did you know that 93% of online experiences start with a search engine? So, if you're not focusing on SEO you're placing a lot of trust on the 7% chance that they'll find you some other way.
Of the 93% of people using search engines, 55 per cent are only clicking on the first three links. Brutal isn't it?
Video can help you here. Google changes its algorithms all the time, but with the growing preference for video-enriched content, Google has started prioritising websites that focus on giving the people what they want – video and lots of it.
The Power of Video: Some Cold, Hard Facts
People spend over twice as long on pages that feature videos than pages without. That's an easy way to slash those bounce rates.
Quality backlinks are the easiest way to drive up views. Google loves them because it shows that other websites are giving your content the tick of approval.
Click-through rates go through the roof when you enhance-with-video. The inclusion of video on a page creates a whopping 157 percent increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
Harnessing the Power of Video
Yes, the results are in, and video is the path to getting more eyes on your advertised positions. But, it's not as simple as getting your iPhone out and uploading videos. Google is all about quality. It will reward you for uploading videos, but it will also punish you if visitors are leaving your site quickly because of bad quality content.
Your video must satisfy the intent of the searcher. In this case, that's the candidate. So, your video needs to do these things:
1. Answer your candidate's query (offer a succinct job description)
2. Be a branded video
3. Provide a clear call-to-action (i.e. ‘Submit Your Application Below, ‘Learn More', ‘Click Here for a Follow-Up Request).
Some Quick Tips on Video Creation and Dissemination
1. Promote Your Content in the Right Place: Don't just make videos, publish them intelligently. When it comes to the recruitment industry, LinkedIn should be your first priority. It's where people are looking for jobs and it's where people are posting them.
2. Give People What They Want: LinkedIn is a social media platform so we know people are looking for video. It's a convenient way to move people from your profile, to your website and into your hiring stream.
3. Make it a Habit: Make sure you're getting videos up as often as possible. Don't skimp on the quality but you should be posting something at least daily.
4. Practice Makes Perfect: Some of us are naturals with a pen, and some of us are natural in front of a camera. However, the more you do something the better you get. Posting every day means you quickly become a natural in front of camera, becoming more and more engaging each time.
Doing it the Easy-Way: Hinterview and Hintro
Hintervew and Hintro are video-engagement tools that make optimising your recruiting process with video easy. They are also perfect for SEO because they provide those high-quality videos Google is craving.
You can create videos and share them via a link straight to your social media profiles. Prospects and clients will love them, they'll visit your site and guess who will be soaring up the pages of Google – you!