This is a remote, work from anywhere role. Our head office is in London but we’re a pragmatic team, and we don’t mind where you work from. We’re only interested in allowing you to do the best work you can.
We’re a team of fullstack developers building an ambitious product which means you’ll be working across the entire tech stack. The Hinterview application is mostly a monolithic Ruby on Railsapplication. We prioritise pragmatism and simplicity, though we are always exploring areas where services may be appropriate.
Along with outstanding Ruby on Rails knowledge, you will also need to be familiar with Redis and sidekiq as we use it for background jobs, and Postegres database, as this is our principal data store. It would be great if you knew Heroku, because we try to simplify DevOps as much as possible. Though we do require the ability for a developer to diagnose and investigate application bottlenecks wherever in the tech stack they may be. The frontend is a Vue.js application written in ES6 with Vuex for state management. We heavily use the material design inspired Vuetify library for our UI and try and write as little CSS as possible!
We strive to provide the best UX experience we can, so there’s a big focus in building intelligent and dynamic frontend UI.
- You’re a pragmatic and mature developer who thrives on problem solving across all layers of the app.
- You feel the ownership of what you’re working on.
- You’re passionate about building products that humans love to use.
- You understand the tensions and challenges between perfect code and getting features shipped.
- You’re okay with ambiguity in your tasks. We need someone to bring their own creativity, to fill the gaps, while staying aligned to the team’s vision.
- You enjoy a fast paced environment where priorities change. That’s part of the fun, and we need great engineers who can adapt quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and remote experience. We’re a partially remote team, we need to communicate a lot and we like to be nice to each other.
Required technical skills
- Ruby on Rails: We like to keep it simple, we hope you do too.
- Github Pull Requests: Code reviews are an extremely important part of the process.
- SQL: Most of the time AR get us 95% of the way, but every now and then we need to talk to Postgres directly. We need you to be able to jump into somewhat complex queries.
Nice to haves
- Worked a lot with ffmpeg?
- Have experience with WebRTC?
- Have experience with higher performing languages? c#, Go, elixir? Parts of the app are ripe for extraction.
To apply, send your CV to Marcin Dyguda, Engineering Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the role before applying please don't hesitate to get in touch.
We love problem-solving and are always striving to improve our technology
We bring as much fun and energy to our work as we can
We'll always go the extra mile to deliver the best possible service